After the GE 14 won by Pakatan Harapan, Penang Transport Master Plan reiginite and heavily discussed since then. For example, below are the few article discussed about the Penang Transport Master Plan.
- The Edge Market: Chow hopes Penang Transport Master Plan will be tabled in Cabinet soon
- The Star:Chow: Federal government can review Penang Transport Master Plan
- Free Malaysia Today: Time to review RM46 bil Penang Transport Master Plan
Then only yesterday from The Edge Property, The editor wrote an article “The future of Penang is in Seberang Perai”.
Chief Minister of Penang Chow said that “Focus on the Penang master transport plan and focus on the Mainland growth”.
Source from EdgeProp.my dated 29 June 2018
What is Penang Transport Master Plan?
Penang Transport Master Plan consist of the following:
- Bayan Lepas LRT
- Ayer Itam Monorail
- Tanjung Tokong Monorail
- Raja Uda-Sg Nyiu-BUkit Mertajam-Permatang Tinggi Monorail
- Extension (BRT) northwards to Kepala Batas Tiram
- Pan Island Link 1
- Pan Island Link 2 & 2A
- North Coast Pair Road
- Butterowrk – Kulim Experessway (BKE IC)
- Juru IC
Missing Links and Road Upgrading
- Permatang Pasir – Perda
- Bukit Minyak
- Permataing Tinggi – Batu Kawan Line
- Extension northwards to Bukit Tengah / Seberang Jaya
- Extension southwards to Nibong Tebal
I wrote a book Title “Finding GEMS in Penang” and published in 2016, which exploring the properties in Penang that will benefit from the proposed LRT and Monorail Line. This book is the ultimate reference for you if you would like to buy properties in Penang; which is along the Proposed LRT or Monorail line. Whether you are seasoned investor or first time buyer, you will need detailed facts and figures for comparisons.